The application procedure for the supply of laboratory mouse
Please follow the procedure outlined below when you apply for
live mice or frozen-embryos from the Center for Animal
Resources and Development (hereinafter called ''CARD'').
- Document required (requestmouse.pdf
234kb for download)
1) Application form for the supply of laboratory mice
2) Agreement form for the supply of mouse resources
3) Approval form from the depositor
- Form 1) and form 2) should be filled in and sent to the address
- Form 3) does not need to be exactly the same as the form
- In the case of form 3), please keep the original form and
send a copy to the address below(CARD).
--->Please refer to step 2) of the Application procedure
- All documents should be addressed to:
Division of Reproductive Engineering
Center for Animal Resources and Development (CARD),
2-2-1, Honjo, Chuo-ku, Kumamoto 860-0811, Japan
- Please e-mail any inquiries to : cardkumamoto-u.ac.jp
- Application procedure
1) The Agreement form for the supply of laboratory mice undersigned
by the authorized representative of the institution of the applicant
2) The supply condition of the laboratory mice on the International
Mouse Strain Resources (IMSR)
database should be checked. If there are any conditions, it is
necessary for the applicant to get the Approval form from the
depositor. For your reference, an example of Approval form is
shown in requestmouse.pdf.
3) The Application form, the Agreement form and the Approval
form should be sent to CARD.
4) After receiving the invoice, the payment shall be made to
a bank account designated by the invoice.
5) The receipt with your signature and the container for transportation
of frozen-embryos should be returned to CARD as soon as possible.
The Recipient should pay the Price of mouse resources by
the date of payment of invoice issued by Ｎational University
Corporation, Kumamoto University and should pay the fee remittance,
the shipping expense for sending the mouse resources and the
return expense of the shipping container. Payment should be made
in Japanese Yen by the transfer of funds to a bank account designated
by the invoice. Accounts not paid by the date of payment shall
be deemed delinquent and are subjected to interest charges of
five percent (5 %) per annum on the unpaid balance.
For each supply of frozen-embryos (40 embryos per tube) 146,020
For each supply of mice derived from frozen-embryos 189,540 Japanese Yen
For each supply of frozen-sperm (2 straws) 27,170 Japanese Yen
The distribution of live mouse and frozen sperm/embryos are based on reproductive engineering techniques of mouse.
This web site has practical details about the techniques. For distribution of the techniques, CARD holds training courses.
Center for Animal Resources & Development,